Thursday, December 11, 2008

The Graduate!!!!!! YIPEEE!!!!!

Mike is officially DONE, FINISHED, COMPLETED with school- so long farewell-GOODBYE!!! YEEHAW!
You gotta love the man. So last week he tells me to keep next thursday open because we have a "thing" to go to in Pocatello. After much coaxing on my part he says it's a dinner for the student teachers. So I tell my mom not to worry about dinner for us tonight.

Well, this "dinner" turned out to be more a snack bar, you know, cheese crackers, veggies and dip, brownies- very delicious I must add, yet not fullfilling to the tum-tum. And this "thing" Was more of an unofficial graduation. Since graduation isn't until May, they have this recognization mid-year. So everyone had all their family with them- I was lucky Mike invited me- none of his family even knew. I love this crazy guy so much!!! Along with a certificate they all received marble apples- quite heavy I might add.



I am SOOO proud of him and all of his hard work! I am excited (and stressed, anxious, nervous) to find out where he will get a job.



11 comments:

Hayley said...

congrats mike! that is very exciting news!

and sally wonka, you go girl. can you stash a few for me for the next few weeks?

Celeste Adams said...

I am very jealous. I wonder who will graduate first, Steve or my son Cannon? Its a toss up. I'm happy for you guys. You'll have to let us know where you guys end up.

Matt and Jessie said...

CONGRATS!! That is awesome! I am so excited for you guys! Go celebrate! It is a big deal for sure! I just hope that does not mean that you guys will end up super far away! Selfish me!

Teresa said...

Way to go Mike!!! Congrats

Rusty and Tara said...

Yea Mike! Welcome to the workforce. And Sally, congrats on surviving many years of homework. We are excited to see where you two end up. I hear north of Denver is just awesome :)

Lucky 7s said...

Congrats to both of you! Great accomplishment. Maybe Mike can get a job in UTAH!!

Jennikunz said...

hoooray! (for finally updating your blog!)And for Mike too! Let me know when you find out where you are moving. I know in Blanding teachers make more... and Blanding is fun, I don't care what anyone says!

whitethunder said...

What funny pictures. Like you say, you just have to love the man. He's a good egg. I'm very proud of him and hope to be just like him besides that whole marrying my sister thing. If I would have been in town could I have gone to the free cheese and cracker session? I love those things. Pretty exciting stuff Mike, don't worry, your gift is in the mail. Happy Graduation.

becky and tony fenn said...

so what is his family not as important as your family!! it would have been nice to know, so we could have celebrated with him. it is really sad that he does not love his family enough to even invite or let them know the good news.

Unknown said...

congratulations. It is a great accomplishment. Love the pictures of your boys. What fun. Have a great year. Susan

J and D said...

Congrats! (BTW, I'm adding you to my blog list!) =)